If you dream to get a PhD degree in Australia, you must write a dissertation. It’s a huge work that requires good skills, a lot of time, solid knowledge, great abilities to analyse things, and patience. In our guide, we will provide you with useful tips about writing a dissertation on different stages.
Choosing a topic and pre-research is the first step you have to do in your work. You need to select a good topic that won’t be too difficult to write about. Avoid complicated subjects because you may get many troubles during the writing and approving your paper. Your dissertation methodology can be based on any arguable question.
Before you start writing, it’s quite important to define the dissertation’s main chapters and structure. Your paper should have 5-6 chapters, 200-250 pages long. Here are the main elements of the dissertation’s structure:
- Title page – must contain your full name, the title of your work, date, name of university and names of people by whom it was accepted and approved.
- Acknowledgment – here you should acknowledge those who helped or supported you in finishing this dissertation.
- Abstract – it’s a short summary of your dissertation to tell the reader what this work is about. The philosophy dissertation abstract should be no longer than 200 words.
- An Introduction – here an author explains what kind of problem he or she is going to discuss and solve in the manuscript, and also write a hypothesis.
- Literature review dissertation – here you have to write where and how your topic was developed in different literature sources.
- Methodology data presentation – specify what research methods you use in your work (quantitative, qualitative or both).
- Data analysis – it’s the heart of your work where you should tie together your hypothesis and the unearthed data with the previous research.
- Conclusion – here you summarize in a short form all you wrote in your work, define if you answered the research question, and specify if this work needs more research.
- References – here you put cited sources that you have used for writing your document.
In a dissertation discussion chapter, an Oz student should stay focused on evaluating and explaining the results. Here are the main elements of your discussion:
- Interpretation: what the results mean to the entire work.
- Implication: why the received results are so important for research.
- Limitation: what things we can’t discover using the results.
- Recommendation: what practical things or studies people should follow to continue research.
The dissertation discussion and conclusion are very similar. In some papers, authors combine these two parts in one chapter. If you are thinking about this idea, ask your professor if it’s appropriate to do it.
Your dissertation abstract is a summary of the entire paper. It helps the readers to understand quickly what your manuscript is about. Here are the main parts of the abstract:
- A statement of your subject, objectives and purpose.
- A very short description of the methodology of your paper.
- A list of the most important arguments and findings.
- A summary of your recommendations and conclusions.
An abstract must be at the beginning of the paper, but you should write this part after all the chapters are already finished. Write it on a separate page and put this page after acknowledgements and title page. Remember it should be about 150-300 words, but check your professor’s recommendations before you start writing a dissertation abstract.
Before you start writing a dissertation conclusion, it’s quite important to understand its goals. Here are the main functions of this final chapter:
- The main contributions of your paper – you have to give an overview of the contributions of this work to the dissertation committee and explain why these things are really important.
- A summary of the main chapters – the short overview of all the important moments of your manuscript. This is a short overview of the entire work.
- Recommendations – you need to list the main recommendations on the practical implications of your work.
- Future research – no matter how successful your paper is, there will always be a motivation to continue research in a particular field.
Here are tips on what you should avoid when creating a dissertation conclusion:
- Too long conclusion – do not write too much because a long conclusion with many repeats can distract the reader from the main idea of the paper.
- Too short conclusion – when you write too few, you risk losing important arguments and points of your document.
- Unbelievable conclusion – when a student writes wild claims in the end about their work should be accepted by the government or politics, this is a bad idea. It’s better to understand the real importance of your work and stay humble.
Keep in mind that after your work is finished, you need to revise it to correct errors. It’s a job that requires time, but it couldn’t be put off because mistakes in such a serious document are unacceptable, whether you are going to publish a dissertation or not. Make sure you used all specific terms in their correct definition, just check it with a dictionary.
If you are not strong in Aussie grammar, use online services for checking. Plan your time thoroughly because proofreading is not a quick job that is possible to do in an hour. We recommend proofreading your work by parts – for example, when you have finished writing a dissertation introduction, revise it and correct mistakes, then start to write the next section.
In this simple way, you’d not have to revise all 200 or 250 pages when you finish the work, plus you’ll alternate writing with revising, and it means you’d be able to do more work because it won’t be so much monotone.
In this part, the author has to present the results of research without analysing their meaning. In general, it means a student has to write about what they have found and observed. The main goal here is to write only the most important results without messing things up. We can say this section is the easiest to create for students. In this section, you should also include statistical analysis.
When you’re writing a dissertation methodology, you can use the following research methods:
- Interview – it’s a simple and flexible method to get qualitative information about feelings, views and experience. Remember that it’s hard to use interviews when you have to receive information from large groups of people.
- Observation – can be both quantitative or qualitative research. When a researcher wants to know what people do in a certain situation, this information could be easily received by watching people in a specific situation.
- Questionnaire – can collect both quantitative or qualitative data from a group of people. Using this research method, you can compare different groups of people, measuring some parameters you need.
- Documentary analysis – with this method you can obtain data without observing, asking questions or interviewing people.
If creating a dissertation seems like a dog’s breakfast to you, no worries! You just need professional assistance in this hard yakka. Our skilled and experienced company is ready to help! Our qualified specialists know exactly how to create a good dissertation introduction as well as other parts. Contact our team right now and receive a successful paper within a deadline!
All the clients get these wonderful benefits from our Australian writing agency:
- Fast delivery. Every Oz student receives their papers on time. We’re a responsible agency that cares about clients. We work fast to satisfy your needs and make you grinning like a shot fox!
- Excellent quality. We know how to make a perfect document without wasting time. Our skilled Aussie professionals work hard to create various papers for students’ needs. Get an original manuscript without mistakes!
- Professional penmen. Our writers can create any paper without difficulties. We hire only qualified Australian authors who have great skills and excellent abilities in making successful papers, including the dissertation hypothesis.
- Qualified editors. The team of skilled editors is ready to proofread the completed document. Thanks to their professionalism, you will receive a successful paper without errors and plagiarism.
- Low prices. We set affordable prices even for Aussie students. Order your paper without a flush for the wallet. Pay online easily without wasting your time!
- Full anonymity. No worries, nobody will understand you have ordered your paper here. Your private information will be fully classified because we respect clients’ privacy and keep your secrets!
Feel free to contact our Oz team 24/7! We are always here to help you anytime.
Satisfaction guarantee. We are totally confident that you’ll be satisfied with your writer and overall experience with our dissertation writing service.